After I was finally told that yes i am pregnant but it’s one of 3 possibilities, I’m actually ok. Telling hubby that Friday lunchtime was ok, no tears, just hope. I have a bit of hunger pain so I try to squash it with roll and salad, i could only eat half as was feeling very tired all of a sudden so at about 1.45 I go into my parents front room and lie on the couch. Can’t remember if I slept but about 2pm I became aware of the pain in my tummy getting stronger so I rang hubby who told me to ring hospital. The nurse told me to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse to come straight in. So after I hang up the phone i get up off the chair and start heading towards front room door and just as I touch the door handle I feel this unbelievable pain, a pain so bad that I can’t breathe then I hit the floor. I come around, I’ve only been out for about a min, I crawl to kitchen to my sister in pain and then i ring hubby, he tells me he is working near and he`s coming straight over, I ring hospital and they say come in, I don’t want an ambulance as we are only 5mins from there so it’s faster with hubby. Within a few minutes he is with me half carrying half walking me to the car and we are off.
I am seen straight away and brought into the cubicle, after some blood test and internal, I’m bleeding internally so doctors tell me that I must have an operation to see if it is an ectopic or because i had too many eggs then it could be something to do with them, so i am to have a camera in my belly button and take it from there. They ask me when the last time I had food was, I said about an hour ago so they come back and say they can’t operate until 6hrs after eating and explain the reasons why and what could go wrong etc, which i won’t repeat in this blog. After another hour more blood and internal the doctors come back in and say that they have decided to not wait until the 6hrs are up to operate, i ask them to wait and after much discussion they agree to wait on the condition that if i get worse they will operate without asking as iv signed the consent form.
I ring the rest of my sisters as only 1 of them knew the full story and its then i realise my parents are away and I’m gutted as at that point i miss my mom. They are all up within the hour and I have left it to them to tell my parents when they think its right, which they do that night.
At 7.15pm I’m taking down to theatre, I ask how long will everything take, doctor tells me it will only be an hour and half. I wake up and I’m very groggy. I see the clock and its 11.30. Then I’m brought back to room while hubby talks to doctor. Long story short, it was ectopic, on the verge of rupturing. So after Camera I had a have a Laparotomy Operation and they were able to save my ovaries and tubes.
I am in Hospital for 2 weeks and it took another 3 months for my scar to heal and close properly due to infection after infection. I return to work in time for Christmas `03 and when i ring in the New Year , my resolution is to get stronger mentally and physically. Which I do.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Eagerly waiting to find out the next part. You have me hanging on to the edge of my seat.....
ReplyDeleteKeep them coming....xx
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the ectopic pregnancy. You are the equal of Taz when it comes to creating a cliffhanger, torturing us all. Be kind, post the follow up quickly:) Jen
ReplyDeletesorry that you went through all this ...looking forward to the next instalment.
ReplyDeleteHow traumatic for you (and your family)...I'm so glad you came through it safely XXX
ReplyDelete